Pages

Monday, January 4, 2016

Security Council condemns attack against Saudi embassy in Tehran

Security Council Press Statement on the attacks on
the Saudi Diplomatic Premises in Iran
The members of the Security Council condemned in the strongest terms the attacks against the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia's embassy in Tehran, and its Consulate General in Mashhad in the Islamic Republic of Iran, which resulted in intrusions into the diplomatic and consular premises, causing serious damage. 
The members of the Security Council recalled the fundamental principle of the inviolability of diplomatic and consular premises, and the obligations on host Governments, including under the 1961 Vienna Convention on Diplomatic Relations and the 1963 Vienna Convention on Consular Relations, to take all appropriate steps to protect diplomatic and consular premises against any intrusion or damage, and to prevent any disturbance of the peace of these missions or impairment of their dignity.
In this context, and expressing their deep concern at such attacks, the members of the Security Council called on the Iranian authorities to protect diplomatic and consular property and personnel, and to respect fully their international obligations in this regard.
The members of the Security Council called on all parties to maintain dialogue and take steps to reduce tensions in the region.
4 January 2016

4 comments:

  1. We never expected such kind of incident any more and i think the Iran government will take a step to discuss with Saudi's king. They are need to discuss the mater and find our the solution.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Took me time to read all the comments, but I really enjoyed the article. It proved to be Very helpful to me and I am sure to all the commenters here!
    techpcinfo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi there! This article could not be written much better! Looking through this article reminds me
    of my previous roommate! He continually kept preaching about this. I am going to send this article
    to him. Fairly certain he will have a great read. Thanks for sharing! Hello, I think your blog may be having
    browser compatibility issues. When I take a look at your blog in Safari, it looks fine but when opening in
    I.E., it has some overlapping issues. I just wanted to give you a quick heads up! Besides that, great site!
    Spot on with this write-up, I really feel this amazing site needs a great deal more attention. I’ll probably be
    returning to read through more, thanks for the information! Aw, this was a really good post. Taking the
    time and actual effort to create a good article… but what can I say… I put things off a whole lot and
    don't manage to get nearly anything done.

    Here is my webpage :: 오피사이트

    (freaky)

    ReplyDelete